Interested in joining our team?
Our people are our greatest asset. We exist to serve our customers and to continually improve ourselves through challenge, learning and having fun together. Everyone at Calyx has a voice, and everyone is expected to stand by our core values.
Calyx is always looking for the right people. If you are up to the challenge, please check out our available positions below.
Westlake, OH or Dublin, OH
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Service Desk Technician is the first, and usually the most regular, point of contact our clients and end users have with Calyx. As such, it is critical that individuals in this position can accomplish the following tasks in a friendly, engaging, and thorough manner:
• Answer questions about the client’s IT environment, including: hardware, software, network, email, and vendors
• Troubleshoot problems that arise with the client’s hardware, software, network, email, and/or vendors
• Discuss and explain issues including their causes and how to avoid recurrence, a.k.a, ‘end-user education’
• Communicate resolutions to the end user including clearly outlining any steps the end user must take
• Take ownership of issues and follow them through to resolution
• Identify causes through logical reasoning and creative thinking and implement appropriate solutions
• Research questions using all available resources
• Work with other team members to arrive at solutions; help others when needed and know when to ask for help
• Identify the need for appropriate products/services in the client’s environment
• Escalate issues to management when necessary
• Document resolutions thoroughly for future reference
Skills & Attributes
While there is a level of technical expertise Service Desk candidates will need to demonstrate, it is expected that all members of our team will continue to develop themselves professionally in order to contribute to our shared goals. The following list of skills and attributes are expected:
• Positive attitude and the ability to maintain composure and professional demeanor under stress
• Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audience
• Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment and work productively on several tasks/projects simultaneously
• Flexibility to address a range of ticket types, from the simple and mundane to the more technical and challenging
• Effective time management skills and the ability to work without direct supervision
• High level proficiency in troubleshooting Microsoft Windows XP/7/10
• High level proficiency in troubleshooting Microsoft Office 2010/2013/2016
• Some knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012/2016
• Knowledge and experience with basic networking concepts, experience with Cisco Meraki and/or SonicWALL a plus
• Proficiency troubleshooting issues with peripherals (printers, scanners, card readers, etc.)
• Working knowledge of Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop a plus; familiarity with Remote Desktop a must
• Ability to quickly ramp up on new software and systems as needed
Business Development Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Business Development Managers seek out new customers and partners that are a good fit for our Framework platform and that can benefit from our holistic approach. Ideal candidates for this position are fast-moving people-people who love to make new contacts and develop relationships.
• Build market position by locating, contacting, and developing, defining, negotiating and closing sales through direct contact with prospects located in Northeast Ohio.
• Contact potential customers via telephone to determine who key buying personnel are, whether they use the products we sell, and accurately enters information into customer data base.
• Sell to and through all levels of organizations including executive management (CEO, COO, CFO), IT executives or personnel, and office managers.
• Ability to identify a prospect’s issues, and appropriately match Calyx’s products or solutions to solve the prospect’s problems, and explain the direct value and/or benefit.
• Coordinate necessary pre-sales technical activities between prospect & Calyx system engineers
• Conduct sales presentations and solution demonstrations
• Identify sales opportunities with new and existing customers
• Protect Calyx intellectual property by keeping information confidential
• Create a monthly pipeline sales activity report to share key metrics with direct report
• Other tasks as assigned
Skills and Attributes
In this position, you will be making phone calls, meeting with prospective clients and learning about the outcomes that Calyx can deliver. Developing a strong rapport with prospective customers is crucial, and tracking efforts is a daily responsibility. While this position is not in the "tech" department, some technical understanding and knowledge of our service offerings will be required, but don't worry- we will provide you with the information you need to be successful.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Good typing skills – 30 words per minute or more
• Considerable local travel within a 45 minute drive time perimeter of downtown Cleveland
• Utilize CRM software, SalesForce, to maintain detailed records of sales efforts and activities
• Utilize customer lead research tool, Salesgenie, to build targeted lead lists
• Utilize quote automation software, Quosal, to generate all customer sales quotes
• Participate in continual product sales training (self-paced online, and in-person workshops)
• Non-Disclosure Agreement
• Non-Solicitation Agreement
• 3+ Years of prior experience helpful, but not required
• Bachelor’s degree or higher helpful, but not required
• High ethics and morals w/ ability to earn customer’s trust and respect
• Inherent customer service centric focus w/ innate desire to solve problems and sell value
• Neutral autonomy, comfortable & effective in both team environments and individual settings
• Entrepreneurial mindset; self-starter; thinks outside the box; works w/ tools at hand
• Excellent communication skills both written; in-person; and via phone
• Coachable – takes direction well and applies new knowledge for continual improvement
• Competitive spirit – has a strong desire to win
• Enthusiastic – shows passion, or excitement, or enjoyment within primary functions of the role
• Excellent time management skills – ability to self-prioritize